another one of my friDIYs - neon bracelets. stackable bracelets are definitely a must have for this summer and i also love the neon-trend so i surfed around a little bit and found some awesome tutorials, bought some neon thread on ebay here and started braiding. what you need: some neon thread, scissors and super-glue, for variations you'll also need spikes, beads, etc... so for the basic knot you should just follow the tutorial of secretlifeofabionerd, it's really good and actually super easy!
THE SPIKE BRACELET
1) start your bracelet just like the basic one, after a few knots you'll braid the first stud in..
2) take your screwback-studs and screw them together, leaving just as much space to fit in the thread..
3) losely do another knot, put your stud in place..
4) tighten, the thread should fit exactly in the space between the spike-part and the screw-part..
5) screw the stud a little bit more until it's very tight, go on knotting, then put in the next stud, repeat until you've reached you wrist measurement..
6) finish the bracelet like the basic one!
so this is how my bracelets look like, i love them, they're easy to put on and of course, because they're custom made, fit perfectly around my wrist! so have fun knotting and don't hesitate to try some variations, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube and other sites!